Love Story Oh Darling Dress
Swan Lake has undergone many interpretations over the years. Some see it as a battle between good and evil, or a representation of the human inner struggle against our most evil impulses. But despite these differing interpretations, in it's simplest form Swan Lake is a love story. The tale of two lovers who meet, swear undying love to one another, and ultimately die in the pursuit of their happy ever after.
Whilst it would be impossible for us to convey this achingly beautiful love story in one print, or one dress, we have tried! Our Love Story floral is so heartbreaking in her beautiful and delicacy, a floral created for a Swan Queen! And one which we envisage her wearing in her maiden form in an alternate ending to the Swan Lake fairytale, where Odette and Siegfried defeat those who would challenge their love, marry, and enjoy the happy ending they were never granted in the ballet.
We've chosen to craft our Oh Darling dress in heavy cotton this time, to bring out the delicacy of the Love Story print. Her wide circle skirt will billow around you as you move, evoking the movement of balletic swans in unison. The exquisitely detailed neckline with ruffle and bow adornments will make you feel like a swan maiden, gliding away across the lake.
Wear her to create you own undying love story!
- Heavy cotton princess-length dress with bountiful ruffles
- Extra wide circle skirt for feminine twirls and flicks
- Soft sweetheart neckline trimmed with face framing ruffles
- Sweet dolly bows at the center of the chest draws the eye
- Wide sash belt which can be tied into a large bow
- Lined bodice
- Fully Lined
- The Love Story print features cameos intertwined with flowers, an updated take on the classic rococo damask
Please see Shipping information here